AirDrop is the fastest, efficient and also a secure way to share files. With AirDrop, you can send almost all types of files easily. If you also want to use this fantastic sharing feature, then read on.
Here is how to transfer files from Apple AirDrop on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
How to enable AirDrop on iPhone or iPad
1. On iPhone 8 and earlier: Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone or iPad screen and open ‘Control Center.’ If your iPhone or iPad has Face ID, then swipe down from the top right-hand side corner.
2. Open wireless control box and turn on ‘Wi-Fi’ and ‘Bluetooth’ by tapping on their icon.
3. Now, click on ‘AriDrop.’
4. Then select ‘Contacts Only or Everyone’ from the prompt window to turn on AirDrop for them.
If you’re choosing ‘Contacts,’ then the person you’re sending file should be logged in into the iCloud, and you both should be in each other’s contacts. So, select ‘Everyone’ but selecting everyone will enable everyone to AirDrop you.
How to send files from Apple AirDrop on iPhone or iPad
1. Go to the file location you want to send from AirDrop.
Almost any type of files from any app can be shared through AirDrop.
2. Select the file.
3. And then click the ‘Share’ icon. It is the icon that looks like ‘an arrow coming out from the box’ at the lower right side corner.
4. Select the ‘User’ or ‘Device’ to send the file.
You can send files from AirDrop with any iPhone or iPad app that have Share sheet in it. You can select any person or device from the Share sheet to send the file.
How to send files from AirDrop on Mac
Some different methods can be used on Mac to share files from AirDrop. From the various methods here is one ‘Drag and Drop’. It is the fastest and easiest way. You can just drag the file that you want to send and drop it into the AirDrop to share.
Here is how to do the drag and drop method.
1. Open your Mac’s ‘Finder.’
2. Go to the file location you want to send from AirDrop.
3. Now, click and drag the file to the AirDrop sidebar.
4. Wait to change the Finder window into AirDrop window.
5. Hover the file to the picture of the contact you want to send.
6. And drop it on the contact’s picture.
That’s it! Share your location, contacts, photos, videos, and also links easily and quickly with your AirDrop.
James Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.